If your baby is starting solids soon, you might want to try these simple recipes for your baby's first foods. They are easy to make, doesn't require so many ingredients, and more importantly, they don't take a lot of time to make and are healthy for your little one.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 0 min
Servings: 6 servings
Ingredients: 1 cup of ripe mango (diced), 2 Tbsp - 1/4 cup water, formula, or breastmilk as needed.
1. Place mango into blender or food processor
2. Blend and add liquids as needed (starts with a small amount!)
3. Ready to serve or store for future use
*You can use fresh or frozen mango (if you use frozen mango, let it thaw in the fridge or at room temperature (or warm it briefly in the microwave) before starting the recipe).
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Servings: 12 oz
Ingredients: 2 cups of broccoli (chopped small), 1 small potato or apple (peeled and chopped), 1 tsp of olive oil (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, boil 2-3 cups of water over medium heat.
2. Place the broccoli and potato (or apple) into a steamer basket and place over boiling water, cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until the broccoli and potato are tender. Reserve water from the steamer. Let cool slightly.
3. Add the broccoli, potato, and olive oil into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding water from the steamer in 1/4 cup (if needed)
4. Let cool and it's ready to serve or freeze for another meal.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Servings: 20 oz
Ingredients: 2 cups of water, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 tsp of chia seeds (optional)
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
2. Add in 1 cup of rolled oats along with the chia seeds.
3. Turn down the heat to medium-low and cook the oats for 5 mins or until the oats are soft and all of the water is gone.
4. Transfer the oats into a blender or food processor, and puree for 1-2 mins, adding water in 1/4 cup increments if needed, until completely smooth.
*The oats will continue to absorb liquid as they cool, so add more water, breast milk or formula as needed.
5. Ready to serve or freeze for later.
But on those days you are busy it's good to have baby food that you can make in under 5 mins or would love to try the easier and equally healthy options of foods for your baby, you can shop for our organic food collection from Groomy, Organix, Little Baby Grains, and more!