1. Active Ingredient in Pureen Rekito Mosquito Repellent Liquid:- Ethyl Butylacetylaminopropionate (20% w/w)
Ethyl Butylacetylaminopropionate is an effective repellent against mosquitoes, ticks, flies, wasps, bees and lice. It has been used as an insect repellent in Europe for more than 20 years. It is classified as Biopesticide* by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It can be used on skin and clothing.
* Biopesticide usually inherently less toxic than Conventional Pesticide such as DEET.
Biopesticide decomposes quickly thereby avoiding the pollution problems caused by Conventional Pesticide.
2. DEET Free
DEET (Diethyl Toluamide) is a chemical. It is commonly used in repellent products. However, people are concerned about its potential toxicity to humans. DEET has been found to inhibit the activity of central nervous system.
3. Alcohol Free
Does not irritate skin; gentle on the skin.
4. Effective in Repelling Mosquitoes
Based on a test carried out by Unit of Medical Entomology/WHO Collaboration Center, Pureen Rekito Mosquito Repellent Liquid was found to be as effective as the test standard 10% DEET. Adult mosquitoes Aedes aegypti (L) were used in the test.
5. Safe for children
Recommended for children of age 1 year and above.
6. Formulated with Hamamelis virginiana Flower Extract (Witch Hazel)
Soothes the skin.
7. Non-greasy and non-sticky formula
Comfortable for the users.